We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Grouping with subtotals

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

35507 Oct 3,2005 04:01 AM Aug 11,2011 06:32 AM Windows Forms 5
Tags: XlsIO
Florin
Asked On October 3, 2005 04:01 AM

Hello , I want to create a groups with subtotal functions ..and i need a little example ( for using subtotals). Thanks a lot! Florin

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 3, 2005 05:35 AM

Hi Florin, I herewith attach a Sample for Subtotal functions. SubtotalFunction_2383.zip Please see to the Sample and let me know if you have further questions. Best Regards, Seetha >Hello , > >I want to create a groups with subtotal functions ..and i need a little example ( for using subtotals). > >Thanks a lot! > >Florin

Florin
Replied On October 3, 2005 06:21 AM

Hello Seetha, Thanks for your quick response. I see your example ... I alredy used SUBTOTAL FUNCTION. My problem is .. to make same similar like Data subtotals from Excel menu. I want to obtain subtotal and grand total values in a list and outlines the list so that I can display and hide the detail rows for each subtotal. Thanks a lot. Florin

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 5, 2005 02:23 AM

Hi Florin, Here with i attach a Sample for Grouping with subtotals SubTotal_9780.zip Please let me know if you have further questions. Best Regards, Seetha >Hello Seetha, > >Thanks for your quick response. I see your example ... I alredy used SUBTOTAL FUNCTION. My problem is .. to make same similar like Data subtotals from Excel menu. I want to obtain subtotal and grand total values in a list and outlines the list so that I can display and hide the detail rows for each subtotal. > > >Thanks a lot. >Florin >

m.vishwanathan
Replied On August 10, 2011 05:10 AM

Hi could not download the above samples .I am facing some difficulty with the sub totals.Guess these samples could be useful.Can some one repost the sample for grouping and subtotal!!!!

Jawahar Jeevanandan J [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 11, 2011 06:32 AM

Hi Vishwanathan,

Thank you very much for using the syncfusion products.

That sample has been posted long ago, so we could not able to download it. We have created the new sample for grouping and subtotals. We can group the column or row by the group method available in the range class. The following code snippet also explains the same.

Code snippet(C#):

sheet.Range["B2:J2"].Group(ExcelGroupBy.ByColumns);
sheet.Range["B2:J2"].FormulaArray = "{10,20,30,5,15,35,6,16,36}";
sheet.Range["K2"].Formula = "SUBTOTAL(A2,B2:J2)";

I have also attached the sample for the same along with this update. Please try this sample at your side and let us know if this helps you.

Please let us know if you have any clarifications.

Thanks,
Jawahar.

Sample_a9c461bf.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;