We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Print preview issue

Using Essential Suite v1.5.2.1 I have a GDBG that contains 10 static columns and 111 rows. When I use this code to show the print preview form I get very odd behavior: using(GridPrintDocument pd = new GridPrintDocument(m_sdgAccountGrid, true)) { using(PrintPreviewDialog dlg = new PrintPreviewDialog()) { dlg.Document = pd; dlg.ShowDialog(); } } The behavior I'm seeing is a great deal of redrawing and flicker, with the process consuming 100% of the CPU. It will settle down after fully redrawing the page 10-15 times, but scrolling to another page causes the repaint/flicker/CPU-consumption to repeat. Clients have reported that it hangs the process, but under the debugger I have not seen that. Are there any known issues with print preview or printing GDBGs? Regards, Sean

2 Replies

SG Sean Greer March 27, 2003 05:51 PM UTC

Okay, I was seeing this behavior consistently between builds as I attempted to determine the cause. Then I added the option to allow the user to specify the PageSettings. When I ran my test and set the DefaultPageSettings on the GridPrintDocument, the problem went away. Fine, I suppose, but what's strange is that if I don't set the DefaultPageSettings (comment out the line) everything continues to work beautifully. Very odd.

SG Sean Greer March 28, 2003 04:24 PM UTC

Please disregard the parent post. I can no longer reproduce the behavior.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon