We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Row Events GDBG

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

35393 Sep 29,2005 02:57 AM UTC Sep 30,2005 02:22 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Keyur Patel
Asked On September 29, 2005 02:57 AM UTC

I have a GDBG bound to a table. One of the columns is an entry date. I want the following functionality: If a user edits data on a row, i want to keep the original row (with no modifications) and automatically insert a new row with an entry date equal to the current date, along with the modifications made by the user to the row. Is this possible with the events? I can''t seem to find the proper events on the grid. Also, can I hide the original row, and show the new row in the same position as the old row?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 30, 2005 02:22 AM UTC

Hi Keyur, I am not really sure how to do this but one idea would to set binder.AllowSetValueOnCurrentItem = false; and then handle the RowLeave event. In that event you could loop through the values of the current record (simply call Model[row, col] to get styles) and save them. Then you call you call binder.CancelEdit and then you manually create a new record in your datasource and applies the values you previously saved to it. To hide a row you could set Model.HideRows[rowIndex] = true; Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;