We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GDBG Deleting Columns

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

35364 Sep 28,2005 11:06 AM Sep 29,2005 09:43 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Osden Pereira
Asked On September 28, 2005 11:06 AM

Hi, I am using a GDBG and I want only certain columns to be editable...this works fine..only problem is, when the user selects an entire column by clicking the header and presses the delete key, the entire data in all the cells of that column are deleted, i tried lotsa events, but none of them seem to be catching the delete keypress. I am attaching the code file. Please help me out on this. Regards, Osden Pereira. Request_5448.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 29, 2005 09:43 PM

There are two ways to avoid the Delete key clearing cells. 1) Derived from GridDataBoundGrid and override the ShouldDeleteKeyClearCells method. This is how the default version looks like: protected virtual bool ShouldDeleteKeyClearCells() { if (!Model.Options.ExcelLikeCurrentCell) { return Model.SelectedRanges.Count > 0; } else { return Model.SelectedRanges.Count > 1 || Model.SelectedRanges.Count == 1 && !CurrentCell.RangeInfo.Contains(Model.SelectedRanges[0]); } } 2) Another options is to listen to the ClearingCells event. In your event handler set e.Handled = true if the selected range is a column. Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;