We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

column index for grids

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

35331 Sep 28,2005 11:51 AM UTC Sep 28,2005 11:46 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
Michael Smith
Asked On September 28, 2005 11:51 AM UTC

I have noticed that for the databound grid the column index begins at 1 and the row index begins at 0. This is a bit different from the VS.Net 03 grid where the column index begins at 0. Can anyone explain why Syncfusion chose to begin the column index at 1 instead of 0?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 28, 2005 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Michael, the grid considers row headers and column headers to be cells just like any other. They only are cells with CellType = "Column Header" / "Row Header". The cell type gives them the header-like look. To prevent them from scrolling the first row and column is always frozen. Column 0 / Row 0 gives easy access to the header cells. Stefan >I have noticed that for the databound grid the column index begins at 1 and the row index begins at 0. This is a bit different from the VS.Net 03 grid where the column index begins at 0. Can anyone explain why Syncfusion chose to begin the column index at 1 instead of 0?

Michael Smith
Replied On September 28, 2005 06:32 PM UTC

Thank you Stefan! For my future reference is this information documented somewhere? As you can probably tell I am a newbie to syncfusion so any pointers would help. - Michael >Hi Michael, > >the grid considers row headers and column headers to be cells just like any other. They only are cells with CellType = "Column Header" / "Row Header". The cell type gives them the header-like look. To prevent them from scrolling the first row and column is always frozen. > >Column 0 / Row 0 gives easy access to the header cells. > >Stefan > >>I have noticed that for the databound grid the column index begins at 1 and the row index begins at 0. This is a bit different from the VS.Net 03 grid where the column index begins at 0. Can anyone explain why Syncfusion chose to begin the column index at 1 instead of 0?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 28, 2005 11:46 PM UTC

Michael, In the Users Guide there is a section Features in Depth\Working with Rows and Columns that has several sections including sections on Hiding rows and columns, and Header Rows and Columns that discuss row 0/ column 0. Stefan >Thank you Stefan! For my future reference is this information documented somewhere? As you can probably tell I am a newbie to syncfusion so any pointers would help. >- Michael > > >>Hi Michael, >> >>the grid considers row headers and column headers to be cells just like any other. They only are cells with CellType = "Column Header" / "Row Header". The cell type gives them the header-like look. To prevent them from scrolling the first row and column is always frozen. >> >>Column 0 / Row 0 gives easy access to the header cells. >> >>Stefan >> >>>I have noticed that for the databound grid the column index begins at 1 and the row index begins at 0. This is a bit different from the VS.Net 03 grid where the column index begins at 0. Can anyone explain why Syncfusion chose to begin the column index at 1 instead of 0?

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;