We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Control-V sometimes ignored in bound grid?

We have a rather complex bound grid, and most of the time pressing Control-V will trigger the various paste events, as it should. However, in some circumstances it doesn''t. After considerable staring and tracing through the code (both ours and yours), we''ve been unable to determine the cause. I doubt this is something we can recreate in a simple project. So, all I''m hoping for is that you folks can point me to the place in your code where the Control-V is handled, so that I can hopefully figure out what it is that we''re doing that prevents that from happening. We have a context menu attached to the grid, and the failure of Control-V usually happens after that menu has been displayed. The situation fixes itself if we do a Paste using the menu, rather than Control-V, but... Anyway, I''m grasping at straws, but can you fill me in on how the grid grabs and recognizes the Control-V in normal circumstances? Thanks, Jan

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Jan, +V is captured in the GridControlBase.OnKeyDown() to do the paste. \\Windows\Grid.Windows\Src\Base\Control\GridControlBase.cs protected override void OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e) { /// /// /// case Keys.V: // +V if (controlKeyDown && !menuKeyDown) { if (Model.CutPaste.CanPaste()) { if (!CurrentCell.HasCurrentCell || CurrentCell.NotifyChanging()) Model.CutPaste.Paste(); } isHandled = true; } break; // Just place a break point to see if this is being hit. Best regards, Jay N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon