We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Speed of loading a MDI application using Syncfusion's menu and toolbars, etc

I wonder why loading such an application is slower than the attached dummy MDI application without Syncfusion's control? Thanks

6 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 27, 2003 05:59 PM UTC

Hong, The main reason there might be a delay is because our dlls are not pre-compiled (to native format), using the ngen utility. Doing this will greatly enhance the speed and highly recommended. Our install will do this automatically for you. But, if you are testing this on a different system where Essential Suite is was not installed, then you have to run ngen on our dlls (syncfusion.tools.dll, syncfusion.grid.dll, syncfusion.shared.dll) manually. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

JC James Cline April 11, 2003 04:46 PM UTC

> I wonder why loading such an application is slower than the attached dummy MDI application without Syncfusion's control? > Thanks I recently was performance profiling my app and found that when loading 80+ menu items, it was taking nearly 2 seconds to do that. I found that if you call bar.Items.SuspendEvents() before loading the baritems, it goes a whole lot quicker! I then call bar.Items.ResumeEvents(bool) after loading them... -Jim

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team April 26, 2003 06:14 PM UTC

How do you deploy the dlls once you've run ngen on them - does the VS installer automatically pick up the fact that they've been ngenned? Thanks Jeremy

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 28, 2003 12:56 PM UTC

ngen needs to be run on the client m/c during the install in the client m/c. -Praveen

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team April 28, 2003 04:15 PM UTC

How would I do this from within the VS Installer?

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 29, 2003 07:13 PM UTC

Jeremy, Here is some info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsintro7/html/vxwlkWalkthroughUsingCustomActionToPrecompileAssermblyDuringInstallation.asp -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon