We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Studio 3.3.0.0 and VS 2005 Beta2 problems

Hello, I''ve just started a new project with the VS 2005 Beta2. I also installed the newest Essential Studio. By designing the main window, I encountered several problems with the Menu Designer and the DockingManager. 1. I can define the menu- and toolbars and also the items. But I cannot add the baritems to the menubar using Drag&Drop. It simply doesn''t allow me to drop the items. I can do it manually in the code, but that is very inconvenient. 2. The designer seems to "forget" to set the components-variable. I looked in an old project and also implemented it manually. 3. The DockingManager crashed after a while with a serializiation-error. Are these known bugs? Is there any workaround? Hopefully they will be solved with the release of the VS 2005 in november !? Andreas Kostian

3 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 02:49 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, Regarding Menu: 1. This is a known issue and we have logged the bug report regarding the issue Defect #367 - XPMenus framework is not compatible with VS.NET 2005 designer. If any update will be made by us regarding this issue, we will inform you. Please take a look at the Track of the bug in the open issue. Regarding DockingManager: 2. I was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please send me the sample which reproduces the exception? This will help us to resolve accurately. Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. Regards, Vijay

AK Andreas Kostian September 29, 2005 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Vijay, attached is a simple example, which you can use to reproduce the error. It was developed using VS Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Syncfusion Essential Studio 3.3.0.0. Just open MainForm both in Code- and DesignView. This should work fine. Then switch to the CodeView and make a small change, e.g. just adding a blank or a new line. Switch to the DesignView again and the Visual Studio will try to update the Designer, because something has changed in the code. This causes the error, which you can also see in the screenshot (error.jpg), which I also included in the zip-File. If you close the DesignView of MainForm and then reopen it, it is OK again. But that''s a little inconvenient. Regards, Andreas dockcrash_534.zip

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 4, 2005 02:57 PM UTC

Hi Andreas, Sorry for inconvenience caused. I was able to see the problem caused by the dockingmanager. We will fix this compatibility issue in our next release Version 4.0. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. Best Regards, Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon