We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC - Fill down

Hi, I need to implement a fill down mechanism in a grid grouping control that has a datasource of an array. Is there any easy way to do this without having to access the individual column mappings for the array ? (The datasource can chnage to a different array of different objects dependant on user choices) Thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Mike, By handling the QueryCellStyleInfo event, we can put the dropdown list on any cell with different datasources. See the sample for reference. GGCArrayCombo_8976.zip Regards, Leo.

MS Mike Simms October 3, 2005 08:46 AM UTC

Sorry Leo, I think you''ve misunderstood my problem. I need to implement a fill down for a GCC, that is the user selects a rectangular group of cells and then the values in the top row need to be replicated in all the lower rows. This is fairly easy where you have access to the cells, but is complicated if you only have access to the records, particularly if there can be different datasets attached to the GCC at different times. I was asking if there is a way to do this without having to go to the underlying records? > >Hi Mike, > > By handling the QueryCellStyleInfo event, we can put the dropdown list on any cell with different datasources. See the sample for reference. > GGCArrayCombo_8976.zip > >Regards, >Leo. > > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2005 09:20 AM UTC

There are some possible problems in trying to do this. The first is that in order to select arbitary rectangular cell ranges, you must use the selection architecture inherited from GridControlBase. The record selection architecture specific to GridgroupingControl does not support selecting abitrary cells. So, this means that you can only really do this for flat datasources. With this restriction, here is a little sample that will allow you to select a range of cells, and then press a buttom to copy values from the top row into all the other selected cells.. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_FillDown_15249ce0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon