We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl and middle mouse button (3.3.0.0)

Hi, I would like to move the column dragging and sorting behavior of a grid grouping control from the left mouse button to the middle mouse button. I want to do this so I can implement more excel-like behavior in a grid grouping control (MB1 on column headers performs selection operations in excel). How do I go about changing this behavior? Thanks, - Jon

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Jon, It''s currently hard-coded to use the left mouse button. What you would have to do is copy/pase the source code GridTableControlDragHeaderMouseController and GroupDropAreaDragHeaderMouseController to your project, rename these classes and register them as your mouse controllers. The HitTest method there checks for MouseButtons.Left. But this make sense to be added as an event and/or property so that you can choose which button. That would be easier. If you are interested in this let me know and we can create a private patch. (Please create a dtrac incident then and refer to this thread). Thanks, Stefan > >I would like to move the column dragging and sorting behavior of a grid grouping control from the left mouse button to the middle mouse button. I want to do this so I can implement more excel-like behavior in a grid grouping control (MB1 on column headers performs selection operations in excel). > >How do I go about changing this behavior? > >Thanks, >- Jon

JJ Jonathan Jones September 29, 2005 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, Yes, I would be interested in a private patch, but I may still need to do the custom mouse controller. I still need MB1 to work, but for a different purpose. Ideally, I''d like MB2 to do the column dragging and sorting currently bound to MB1, and MB1 to provide the "traditional" excel-like behavior (clicking on a column header selects the column, clicking and dragging the mouse across multiple columns selects them all in sequence, etc). It would be really useful if GGC behaved this way out of the box. If I do get a private patch, I need to make sure that I can still change MB1 to do what I want. Is this possible? Thanks for all your help! - Jon

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon