We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Regd---Performance Problem

Hi, I am using GriddataboundGrid and celltype of one cell is Richtext.I got 150 records with almost 4 lines each row.I have got another cell called Unit which has got some string values like head1,head2,head3,etc.Each string value is assigned a setting(fontcolor,fontsize,etc).Once i say head1,the appropriate setting will be appled to richtextbox.so to change from one setting to another it is taking 12 seconds.Its a bit urgent,kindly provide some solution for this. Thanks in advance, Cheers, Manohar.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2005 07:36 PM UTC

How are you formatting the richtext? Are you manipulating the rtf string directly to do it, or are you trying to apply formatting using the RichTextBox? If you do what you are doing outside of the grid, does it take the same amount of time? You can try calling grid.BeginUpdate before you try changing the formatting and then call grid.EndUpdate after you have finished to see if that affects things. You can also try calling grid.Binder.SuspendBinding and grid.Binder.ResumeBinding to see if that would affect this. If you can upload a sample project showing the problem, then we can try to suggest something.

MA manohar September 27, 2005 06:01 AM UTC

Hi Clay, Actually I am using RichTextbox for manipulating that settings.Even after placing this.grdData.Binder.SuspendBinding(),this.grdData.Binder.ResumeBinding() also it didn''t help.still it is taking the same time.Pls have a look at this code snippet.I am description text to this function,this will return me the formatted text.Any other solution. protected string GetFormattedDescription(string descriptionText, GesStyleEntity style) { if(Syncfusion.Drawing.RichTextPaint.IsValidRtf(descriptionText)) rtfHidden.Rtf = descriptionText; else rtfHidden.Text = descriptionText; rtfHidden.SelectAll(); rtfHidden.SelectionFont = style.StyleFont; rtfHidden.SelectionColor = style.ForeColor; return rtfHidden.Rtf; }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon