We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Regd----Half Word Selection

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

35187 Sep 26,2005 05:23 AM Sep 28,2005 07:41 AM Windows Forms 6
Tags: GridControl
manohar
Asked On September 26, 2005 05:23 AM

Hi, Even after writing this statement, "this.AutoWordSelection = false", it still selects automatically,how to avoid auto selection apart from this statement.I want to select Three and a half word in a richtextbox.Try it! Thanks in advance, Regards, Manohar.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 26, 2005 06:15 AM

Hi Manohar, Can you post a small working sample showing the problem? Best regards, Jay N

manohar
Replied On September 26, 2005 06:42 AM

Hi Jay, What I am attaching is not executable version,but you can see in the code what I am trying to say.In DBGrid.cs you can see Richtextcell as one cell model in the grid and in richtextbox.cs constructor you can see I am assigning "this.AutoWordSelection = false". Hope this will help in giving me the required solution,if not pls let me know. Regards, Manohar. SelectionPb_204_9211_6587.zip

Replied On September 27, 2005 08:01 AM

Hi Manohar, Can you try accessing the control in the CurrentCellControlGotFocus and try settting the AutoWordSelection property? Here is a sample that works for InPlaceRichText Cell. Best regards, Jay N

manohar
Replied On September 28, 2005 05:17 AM

Hi Jay, As you said I wrote "grid_CurrentCellControlGotFocus".The event is getting fired, everthing is happeneing, but autoselection is not disabling.I pasted the code below.Kindly give some other solution. private void grid_CurrentCellControlGotFocus(object sender, ControlEventArgs e) { activeRichTextBox.AutoWordSelection = false; } Regards, Manohar

Replied On September 28, 2005 07:19 AM

Hi Manohar, Do you see the problem in the above sample too? Below are the screenshots, you could see half word is selected. I am using 3.2.1 ver / .NET 1.1 RichText_screenshots.zip Best regards, Jay N

manohar
Replied On September 28, 2005 07:41 AM

Hi Jay, First let me thank for your patience and tremendous support. Actually we can select half a word,but the problem is free flow is not there,what i mean exactly is suppose if we have 12 characters in a word,by the time you select 3 or 4 characters from the start/end of the word it will select the whole word,which should not happen.If this the case think of small words.Kindly if still anything can be improved upon the existing,please let me know. Regards, Manohar.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;