We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Create a new row by copying a existing one

Hello, Ver3.2.1.0. In GGC, I want to add a function "Create/Enter a new record/row by copying an existing row". In details, user click any cell in GGC to select a row, then click "New row by Copying" button, it will copy all columns'' data of selected row to the new row (the row with "*" header). This function is like "SQL Server''s Open table" copy/paste a row. Is there any built-in function or sample code? Thanks,

2 Replies

LM Lan Mo September 25, 2005 11:05 PM UTC

Hello, I''ve built a sample to create a new row by copying. Please see attached. Select a row first, then click "Copy" button, it will the selected row to a new row. The problem is I want to set the current record to the newly added row and put the cursor in the first cell. Any idea to do that? I am not sure if there are other better ways to do the same task. Thanks, Lan >Hello, >Ver3.2.1.0. >In GGC, I want to add a function "Create/Enter a new record/row by copying an existing row". >In details, user click any cell in GGC to select a row, then click "New row by Copying" button, it will copy all columns'' data of selected row to the new row (the row with "*" header). >This function is like "SQL Server''s Open table" copy/paste a row. >Is there any built-in function or sample code? >Thanks, > > > CopyPaste_6520.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2005 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Lan, Please try this after you add the new row to the DataTable to see if that helps. dt.Rows.Add(rowNew); // Set the current record this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.Records[dt.Rows.Count-1].SetCurrent(); //Editmode this.gridGroupingControl1.Focus(); this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.BeginEdit(); Here is forum thread that has a sample for copy/paste in GridGroupingControl. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=30745 Best regards, Jay N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon