We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AutoScrolling not working

I have set the AutoScrolling property to true, but still doesn''t auto scroll during a drag/drop operation. What other setting am I missing?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 10:47 PM UTC

If you using the grid''s Ole D&D support, then the support for autoscroll should be turned on by default. You can see this in the \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\OleDragDrop sample. If you are not using the grid''s support for D&D and are calling DoDragDrop yourself with custom data objects, then you will have to implement support for autoscrolling yourself.

BY Billy Yuen September 22, 2005 11:48 PM UTC

Yes, I am doing a DoDragDrop from a different control and dropping into grid. Are you saying I need to write custom code for it? Do you have any sample? >If you using the grid''s Ole D&D support, then the support for autoscroll should be turned on by default. You can see this in the \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\OleDragDrop sample. > >If you are not using the grid''s support for D&D and are calling DoDragDrop yourself with custom data objects, then you will have to implement support for autoscrolling yourself.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 04:07 PM UTC

If you can D&D Text, then the grid''s default support sould manage the autoscroll. But if you are using a custom object, then you will have to code it yourself. Here is a minimal sample showing one way to do this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GC_DropTarget_a5033370.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon