We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

v3.3.3.0 Line Chart Colors

I''m using a WebForms chart. I''m finding in v3.3.3.0 I am unable to change the color scheme of each of my lines. I try to set them globally in the series and in the prepare view style with the args. Both don''t work. Also changing the Palette does not change anything either. I''ve been unable to get the legend colors to match each of my lines. I notice this exact behavior in the Web Sample provided for Line Chart. Are these bugs, could you confirm, and is there a possible work around, or some value I have not set? Thanks, Musters

10 Replies

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team September 26, 2005 11:03 AM UTC

Hi Musters, We regret for the inconvenience caused. Our development team is looking into this issue and we will prepare a fix/workaround at the earliest. I will update you through this forum at the earliest. Thank you for your patience . Regards, F.Rashidha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 01:11 PM UTC

Any updates? It''s been a couple of days now.

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team September 29, 2005 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Musters, You need to set the ChartColorPalette in PageLoad: this.ChartWebControl1.Model.ColorModel.Palette=ChartColorPalette.Colorful; Otherwise, another method to set the Style.Interior for the series to change the color of a Line Chart is shown below: this.ChartWebControl1.Model.Series[0].Style.Interior = new BrushInfo(GradientStyle.PathEllipse, new BrushInfoColorArrayList(new Color[]{Color.CadetBlue, Color.White})); Please take a look at the sample attached. Let me know if this fulfills your requirement. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product. Regards, F.Rashidha Line_8829.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 29, 2005 01:31 PM UTC

Thanks for your response, Placing the Pallete code in the Page_Load allowed the colors to now be changed. I still have one more remaining issue relating to the legend though. My legend icon line color is always blue for the first item, regardless of the line color of the current series. Any thoughts? Thanks, Musters

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team October 3, 2005 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Musters, You need to set the Series[0].Style.Border.Color to change the Legend''s Line Color as shown below: this.ChartWebControl1.Model.Series[0].Style.Border.Color = Color.FromArgb(100, Color.Red); Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product. Regards F.Rashidha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2005 02:49 PM UTC

You also need to set the series line Interior to the same color you specified as the Legend color. chart.Series[0].Style.Interior = new BrushInfo(100, new BrushInfo(GradientStyle.Vertical, Color.RoyalBlue, Color.RoyalBlue)); Thanks

AH Angelica Hernandez October 10, 2005 07:09 PM UTC

Hello Rashidha I just change to the version 3.3.0.0 and It solved all my old problems with charts, but I lost the automatic color assign to the series. I have variable number of series so I cannot assign predetermined colors. In the old version Syncfusion was selecting the colors for me, but now all the series are black in the label. Any idea of what can I do? Thanks Angelica >Hi Musters, > >You need to set the Series[0].Style.Border.Color to change the Legend''s Line Color as shown below: > >this.ChartWebControl1.Model.Series[0].Style.Border.Color = Color.FromArgb(100, Color.Red); > >Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product. > >Regards > >F.Rashidha > >

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team October 12, 2005 09:35 AM UTC

Hi Angelica, We regret for the inconvenience caused. Our development team is looking into this issue and we will prepare a fix at the earliest. Please take a look at the sample attached. Let me know if this fulfills your requirement. You need to change the ChartLegend.RepresentationType except SeriesType and Line as shown below. this.ChartWebControl1.Legend.RepresentationType=ChartLegendRepresentationType.Circle; Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product. Regards, F.Rashidha

Line1.zip

AH Angelica Hernandez October 12, 2005 11:25 PM UTC

Hi Rashidha. The solution it works for all the types, except for the cross and the lines, for now it''s ok, but please let me know when the patch is ready thanks Angelica. >Hi Angelica, > >We regret for the inconvenience caused. Our development team is looking into this issue and we will prepare a fix at the earliest. > >Please take a look at the sample attached. Let me know if this fulfills your requirement. > >You need to change the ChartLegend.RepresentationType except SeriesType and Line as shown below. > >this.ChartWebControl1.Legend.RepresentationType=ChartLegendRepresentationType.Circle; > >Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product. > >Regards, >F.Rashidha

Line1.zip

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team October 13, 2005 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Angelica, Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. This is a known issue that has been fixed in the latest version. I recommend you to upgrade to the latest version 3.3.0.0. Regards, F.Rashidha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon