We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

VS.NET Demo

In the VS.NET Demo you are able to unpin the "Toolbox" on the left and it will slide to the left side of the screen and if you unpin the "Solutions Explorer" on the right it will slide to the right side of the screen. I have this same layout (non-MDI) in a VB.NET app but I can not figure out how to tell a particular docked control where to slide to upon the unpin event. Can any provide some direction? Thanks Patrick

6 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 26, 2003 06:18 PM UTC

Patrick, It will slide to which ever side they are docked to. Am I missing something here? Regards, Praveen Ramesh

PR Patrick Ransom March 26, 2003 11:53 PM UTC

Praveen, I have a non-MDI main form with DockingManager added and it is set to DockToFill. What is happening now is which ever control I dock first is where all of the other controls slide to. Example, I have a Panel that I dock to the left side. I then have a TreeView docked to the right side and finally I have a ListView docked in the middle of the Panel and the TreeView. When I unpin any of the three controls .. they always go to the left because that was where the first control was docked. Is this a DockToFill issue or am I missing something basic? Patrick > Patrick, > > It will slide to which ever side they are docked to. Am I missing something here? > > Regards, > Praveen Ramesh

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 27, 2003 06:04 PM UTC

Patrick, Yes, this is a limitation in our current version. I will make this a feature request for inclusion in a future version. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 28, 2003 11:30 AM UTC

Patrick, I spoke too soon. Here is a way, you can accomplish what you want: Within the designer, with the DockToFill property set to TRUE, float all docked controls first, then dock the first control to the border that you want the autohide tabs to be in. The remaining controls can now be docked normally. Now within the form's constructor, right after the InitializeComponent method, call the undocumented DockingManager.RestrictDockFillAutoHideBorder(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle) method with the required border enum, as shown below this.dockingManager1.RestrictDockFillAutoHideBorder(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Left) Regards, Praveen Ramesh

PR Patrick Ransom March 29, 2003 01:45 PM UTC

Praveen, Thanks for the response. I am currently doing what you described in my code which makes all of the tabs slide to one particular side specified in the this.dockingManager1.RestrictDockFillAutoHideBorder(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Left). What I am trying to accomplish is to have the control on the left (when unpined) slide to the left and the control on the right (when unpined) slide to the right. > Patrick, > > I spoke too soon. Here is a way, you can accomplish what you want: > > Within the designer, with the DockToFill property set to TRUE, float all docked controls first, then dock the first control to the border that you want the autohide tabs to be in. The remaining controls can now be docked normally. Now within the form's constructor, right after the InitializeComponent method, call the undocumented DockingManager.RestrictDockFillAutoHideBorder(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle) method with the required border enum, as shown below > > this.dockingManager1.RestrictDockFillAutoHideBorder(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Left) > Regards, > Praveen Ramesh >

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 1, 2003 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, This is not supported in our current version. The DockToFill mode autohidden tabs will be aligned only along any one border(which as pointed out can be specified). We have logged this as a feature request for a future relese. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon