We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

circular reference

is there anything i need to do to force cicular reference protection i have a grid and am forcing cr''s to test and am getting an exception System.StackOverflowException

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2005 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Kevin, Please refer this Forum thread and see if this helps. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=26396 Let us know if you need further assistance. Best Regards, Jeba.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2005 01:50 PM UTC

i already have this engine.DoCircularCheckInValidating = true; althought no idea what it does... but it doesnt seem to stop the exception

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2005 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Kevin, Can you please send a small sample showing the problem. We will try debugging it here. Best Regards, Jeba.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 21, 2005 08:33 AM UTC

here you go set cell a1 to =1 set cell b1 to =a1 set cell a1 to =b1 BOOM Exception_5329.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 21, 2005 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Kevin, I updated the sample.If you set engine.DoCircularCheckInValidating propertyto true, a check for circular references will be done in the renderer.OnValidating override of the formula cell type. This will cause the entry to be rejected after an error message is displayed. //Old Code private void gridControl1_QueryCellInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs e) { //Old Condition if (e.RowIndex==1) if (e.ColIndex!=0) { e.Style.CellType="FormulaCell"; e.Style.FormulaTag = fTag[e.ColIndex-1]; e.Style.CellValue = fCell[e.ColIndex-1]; e.Handled=true; } } private void gridControl1_SaveCellInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e) { //old condition if (e.RowIndex==1) if(e.ColIndex!=0) { fTag[e.ColIndex-1] = e.Style.FormulaTag; fCell[e.ColIndex-1] = (string)e .Style.CellValue; e.Handled=true; } } //New Code private void gridControl1_QueryCellInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs e) { //New condition if (e.RowIndex==1 && e.ColIndex>0) { e.Style.CellType="FormulaCell"; e.Style.FormulaTag = fTag[e.ColIndex-1]; e.Style.CellValue = fCell[e.ColIndex-1]; e.Handled=true; } } private void gridControl1_SaveCellInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e) { //New Condition if (e.RowIndex==1 && e.ColIndex>0) { fTag[e.ColIndex-1] = e.Style.FormulaTag; fCell[e.ColIndex-1] = (string)e .Style.CellValue; e.Handled=true; } } Please refer the updated sample. exception_5329.zip Let us know if this helps. Best Regards, Jeba.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 10:10 AM UTC

but that line was already in the code in the form load .... !!! what fixed it in your version of the code was your removal of int i = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine.CreateSheetFamilyID(); Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("Grid",this.gridControl1.Model,i); put these two lines back and your circ ref checking goes out the window !

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 10:34 AM UTC

Hi Kevin, Please provide your Syncfsuion Version details. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Jeba.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 11:21 AM UTC

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Kevin, Circular reference protection does not work in multiple sheet(s). Please refer this link: CicularDefect Regards, Jeba.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 01:20 PM UTC

that is terrible... doesnt say a lot for your QA. Can you think of any work around this is pretty fundemental to my project

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 24, 2005 10:00 AM UTC

We have corrected this problem in our code base. If you would like to get a private build with the correction in it, you can submit a direct trac support incident and request one, and we will try to accomodate you. As far as a work-around, if when you enter your formulas, you inculde the sheet references, then I think the current code will catch the circular references. ie. enter =grid!a1 instead of =a1, and =grid!b1 instead of =b1. You would need to do this only if you are using multiple sheets. If you are not using multiple sheets, there is not need to call RegisterGridAsSheet which is triggerring the requirement to include sheet names. One other comment about teh sample above. If you are using a GridControl, it is not required that you maintain your own collection of FormulaTags. You would only need to do this if you are trying to use teh GridControl in virtual mode. In general, it is easier to let the GridControl maintain its own formulatags. But if you need a virtual grid with formula support, then you would have to maintain a formulatag collection, and do the additional work to properly maintain such a collection.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon