We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

DataAdapter.Update Fails on child table

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

34855 Sep 17,2005 07:31 AM Sep 19,2005 08:11 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Grouping
Tom Petrelli
Asked On September 17, 2005 07:31 AM

I have a GGC with parent/child relationship. The DataAdapter.Update for the parent works fine, but the Child does not update, it always returns 0 for the update count. Thx.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 19, 2005 08:11 AM

Hi this.sqlDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet11,"Parent"); this.sqlDataAdapter2.Fill(dataSet11,"Child"); The above code is used to fill the dataset using the Parent and Child tables. this.sqlDataAdapter1.Update(dataSet11); this.sqlDataAdapter2.Update(dataSet11); These codes are used to update the parent and child tables respectively. I guess that you might have missed to update the child table using its own DataAdapter as I mentioned above. Please send me a sample with the issue if this doesn''t serve your purpose. Best Regards Mouli.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;