We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Symbol Designer

Hello, I have a question regarding the symbol designer. In the symbol designer I created a palette of 43 symbols, and then realized after I was done that I couldn’t seem to change the order they were in (which I wanted to be alphabetical). How do I reorder my saved pallete? Also now that I have created these 43 symbols, I would like to be able to reuse some of them on a different palette. Is there a way to share these symbols across palletes? Thanks, Darren Mombourquette

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 09:53 PM UTC

Hello Darren, The SymbolDesigner application does not provide an interactive way to rearrange or extract and reuse specific SymbolModels from a SymbolPalette. However, it should be straightforward to make use of the Essential Diagram API and add these two functionalities to the SymbolDesigner, or in a simple custom utility. To rearrange the SymbolModels in a SymbolPalette, you will have to first deserialize the symbol palette file(*.edp file) to get the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.SymbolPalette object. A SymbolPalette is a special type of Essential Diagram Model that hosts a collection of SymbolModel objects where each SymbolModel represents a Symbol. You can access the collection of SymbolModels in a SymbolPalette through the SymbolPalette.Nodes property, and rearrange the Nodes collection as per your requirement. Once the SymbolPalette''s collection of SymbolModels has been updated, you can re-persist it as a new SymbolPalette file, thus providing you with the ordered collection. You can use a similar approach to transfer and reuse certain SymbolModels to a second SymbolPalette. YOu will have to first programmatically extract the required SymbolModels from the source SymbolPalette, and then add the SymbolModel instances to a second instance of a SymbolPalette, and save the second SymbolPalette as a symbol palette file. Referring to the ''FileOpen_Click'' and ''FileSave_Click'' methods in the SymbolDesigner''s MainForm.cs file will give you an idea on how to load and save SymbolPalettes. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require additional input on this. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon