We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Remove edit cursor from readonly grid

I''m trying to duplicate a small bit of functionality that I see in the CellTypes Quick Start sample, but I cannot figure out what property to set. In the CellTypes Quick Start sample, whenever a cell is clicked on, it becomes active but the blinking | curser does not appear in the cell. I noticed this is the same for all cells, static or not. I have a DataBoundGrid which I have set to read only, however whenever I click on a cell it still places the edit cursor in there, but changes cannot be made. Can someone please point me to how I can get that cursor to not appear?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2005 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Will, You could try this and see if this helps: gridControl1.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.None; For the Quick start ---CellTypes sample it was set like this. gridControl1.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.DblClickOnCell; Let us know if this helps. Best Regards, Jeba.

WK Will Knoll September 15, 2005 06:24 PM UTC

Thank you Jeba, that works perfect! While I''m on a roll, is there also a way to turn off the dotted rectangle which shows the active cell? Will

WK Will Knoll September 15, 2005 07:01 PM UTC

Nevermind on that I found it. :) this.gridControl1.ShowCurrentCellBorderBehavior = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridShowCurrentCellBorder.HideAlways; Will

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2005 03:45 AM UTC

Hi Will, Thanks for the update.Please feel free to contact us if you have any other concerns. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon