We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Links

I am using the Othogonal Link tool to connect between the Ports of Symbols programatically. When I am moving the symbols, evrything goes disordered, sometimes the symbol changes position etc and always there are 2 bends. I need to overide this behaviour. I should be able to able to have any number of bends while connecting between symbols and moving the symbols shouldn''t effect the connections to the ports of symbols. Any ideas how ? Regards, Vinod

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2005 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Vinod, The number of segments in an orthogonal link is calculated based on the entry and exit heading that the orthogonal layout algorithm calculates as the most optimal. You can change this to use specific exit and entry directions for your symols by using a customized version of the OrthogonalLinkTool and the OrthogonalLine types. Such an implementation is demonstrated in the InDepth\OrgLayout and InDepth\OrgChart samples. You will notice that links always exit a symbol from the south heading(bottom edge) and enter through the north heading(top edge). Please refer to one of the samples to help you customize the orthogonal link drawing. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon