We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Help document

Hi, I wonder where could I get the help documentation about EditControl''s Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation and Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Interfaces namespace. Why I can''t find them in Sycfusion 3.3?

34 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2005 10:40 AM UTC

And I have some more questions as follows, 1)indent feature I want to realize the indent feature just like VB.net: Private Sub Method() ...<---indent tab space End Sub <---line up with "Private Sub Method()" 2)context prompt feature For example I have following code: Add a b Add-----------method name a,b---------the parameters of Add method I want to show context prompt when I type "Add " ,and when I type "a " the selected bolded item changed to the sendond item. Now I found when I use different symbol like "Add,a b" or "Add a,b" it works,but failed when use the same symbol. If you can give any help, i really appreciate!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2005 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your feedback on Edit Control. # Can I know what kind of document are you looking for,do you want the documentation on all classes and method/properties, or just some general documentation that describes the architecture of the control and the way control parses data. # Regarding the issue with the VB.Net samples, Edit Control doesn''t support such a functionality as of now.I had notified our development team in this regard. We have logged a Feature requet#441 on the same and will try our very best to take care of it as soon as possible. You could track the progress of this feature at this link below : Feature Request #441-Indent feature for VB.Net Samples Let me know if you need anything more. We appretiate your interest on Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2005 03:02 AM UTC

Thanks for your response! The methods and interfaces description related to Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation and Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Interfaces namespace are I am looking for. Could you give me any link or something I could get these information? And you didn''t answer my second question about context prompt. Also I found another 3 problems: 1)I wanted to add my own contentMenu,so I called contextMenuManager.ClearMenu then add my new Item in MenuFill event handler. But when I run the project I found there is no contentMenu at all. 2)FileHandlingDemo When I create a new file,type something,then save it to some place, an exception arised after I click "OK" in SaveDialog. 3)When I close the EditCotrol Form, the saveFile Dialog always shows up twice. Thanks! Susan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2005 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Susan, #We regret for the late reply regarding the Context prompt issue, Edit Control doesn''''t support such a functionality as of now.I had notified our development team in this regard. We have logged a Feature requet#446 on the same and will try our very best to take care of it as soon as possible. You could track the progress of this feature at this link below : Request #446 Context prompt support for VB.NET samples # Regarding the documentation, we presently are updating the documentation on Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation and Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Interfaces namespace , we will send you the document, as soon as it gets updated. # Regarding the SaveDialog issue: EditControl has the default setting for saving the contents, when the control is disposed. So, if you provide the EventHandler for the Closing issue in your code, the pop-up will appear twice.So, comment the corresponding line in your code, given as follows: //this.Closing += new System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler(this.Form1_Closing); This will solve your problem. # Regarding the issue with the Context menu: EditControl hides the display of the context menu, when we use the ''contextMenuManager.ClearMenu''. So for now, you just comment the line for clearing the menu ( // contextMenuManager.ClearMenu()) and add the items to the list using the ''ContextMenuManager.AddMenuItem'', now you can notice the items you added are displayed along with the default items of the Editor''s Context menu. #Regarding the issue with the FileHadlingDemo: Let me know what kind of Exception do you notice, when saving the contents in the Edit Control. We appretiate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 02:41 AM UTC

Hi Bharath, Thanks for your answer! I want to know, Can I remove all the default menu item so I can design my own contentMenu as I wish? And when I create a new file, then try to save it,an exception throw: "ArgumentOutOfRangeException Line with a specified index can not be found in stream Parameter name:iLine Actual Value was 1" It also happens when I run your "File Handling Demo". Look forward to your answer. Susan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2005 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your repeated feedbacks. Edit Control doesn''t support such a functionality to remove all the default menu items for the Context Menu, We can permanently disable the default contextmenu for the EditControl by seting the properties -> ContextMenu -> Enabled to False and create a Context menu of your choice using XP-Menus. I think this will help you more. Regarding the issue with the VB.Net samples, the details of the Feature request #441 has been updated to the #118, So in the feature, track your progress regarding this issue at this link below: Feature Request #118 - Support for Auto formatting text Regarding the Exception with Filehandling Demo: EditControl''s previous versions has this problem, we had resolved this in our latest version. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download information with our latest assemblies which resolves your problem. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2005 03:16 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Regarding the EditControl''s support to remove the default Context Menu: I regret for the information I had provided for this in my last reply, EditControl has the functionality to remove the default Context menu, this can be done by the following method: private void cm_MenuFill (object sender, EventArgs e) { ContextMenuManager cm = (ContextMenuManager) sender; // To clear default context menu items cm.ClearMenu(); } Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2005 03:52 PM UTC

Hi susan, Here I am attaching a sample to show you, how to remove the default Context Menu from the editControl. This can be done by handling the MenuFill event, and by using ''ClearMenu'' method, In my last reply I mentioned it as a method, I regret for that. Let me know if you need anything more. We appretiate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc. contextmenu_issues_1373.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 21, 2005 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Bharath, Thanks for your reply.Because I want to add my own contextMenu, so ClearMenu() doesn''t work for me. Your last reply is more reasonable. And I want to know when will the document about Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation and Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Interfaces namespace get updated?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 21, 2005 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your feedback. The document regarding Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation and Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Interfaces namespace will be updated by the middle of next week, we will inform you, when the update is done. We appretiate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 07:41 AM UTC

Hi Bharath, Thanks for your efficient reply! And I encounted some other questions during my project. 1.Can I get the context prompt form so I can set its location as I wish. Now the context prompt window can''t stick to its keyword when editForm is scrolled up and down. 2. Can I refresh the context prompt window by myself? 3.When I type any keyword on the paramter location of a method, the context prompt will be closed. For example: I type this.Method1(a," the context prompt window is closed.It''s unacceptable. 4.The focus is seized by context prompt window when I chose from its list, so I have to click the editControl form to let it get focus again. This situation also happens in context choice form. But in .Net the focus is never lost no matter whether you choose from context choice list or not. 5. Can I change the shortcuts for Intellisense feature? I want to show contextChoice when "Ctrl+J" is pressed. Thanks for your help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 12:43 AM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your thorough feedback on the intellisense features. 1. I am afraid, it is not possible to get hold of the internal form used to display the Context Prompt popup. I do see that the Context Choice and Context Prompt popups do not close (like in VS.NET) when the EditControl is scrolled. This is a shortcoming in the EditControl and we have logged a bug report defect 789 on this issue : Defect #789 - Popup positioning issue in ContextChoice and ContextPrompt while scrolling 2. I am unable to understand your requirements here. What do you mean by refreshing the Context Prompt popup ? Could you please provide me more information here. An example or use case scenario would be of great help. 3. Yes, this is a known shortcoming in the EditControl and we have an open bug report defect 702 on this issue : Defect #702 - Text positioning and popup close issues in ContextPrompt popup 4. I am unable to see this issue here. The EditControl continues to have focus even when the ContextChoice and ContextPrompt popups are open, i.e., it is possible to continue typing text in the EditControl. Let me know if I am missing something here. 5. Yes, it is possible to bind any keystroke combination to any method in the EditControl. Please refer to the Edit users guide >> Features >> keystroke - Action Combinations Binding section more information in this regard. The following sample also provides information on the same ...\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Windows\Edit.Windows\Samples\KeyBindingDemo. Binding Ctrl+J keys to ShowContextPrompt method will take care of this. Let me know if you need any other information. We appreciate your patience and thanks for your continued interest in Essential Edit. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 01:34 AM UTC

Hi Guru Patwal, I really appreciate your help. About the fourth question, I mean when I choose item from context choice list using mouse, the focus will be seized by contextChoice form. So I can''t type text on EditControl.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 05:36 AM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your repeated feedbacks. I don''t see this issue with ContextChoice, I am able to get the focus to the EditControl after selecting the item from the ContextChoice list using the mouse. I am attaching the sample ForumpostSusan.zip here. I think this will resolve your problem. Let me know what assemblies you are using. So that I will check this issue using those assemblies. Let me know if you need anything more. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath. Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Bharath, Thanks for your efficient work. But the sample you attached still has the focus lost problem. I use mouse to choose from the context choice form. It lead to the focus transfered to the contextchoice form ,the EditControl form lost focus and changed to dark. I can''t type text on EditControl. I use the assembly 3.301.0.0.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 06:51 AM UTC

And another question is I want to close the contextChoice form when no item can be show . But When I close the contextChoice form in OpenContextChoice event handler flickers always occur. It seems ContextChoice form opened then closed. How can I prevent it?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your feedback. I tested my sample here using assembly 3.301.0.0. I don''t see any issues you reported. There may be some problem in installing Essential Studio. So, please uninstall Essential Studio completely from your system and install it again and check for this issue. If you still note this issue, send me a test sample that shows this issue. So that I will try to resolve it. Let me know if you need anything more. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 09:50 PM UTC

Hi Susan, 1) My apologies for the earlier response. After further investigating this issue, I do see that the focus has been seized by the ContextChoice popup, when I choose an item from the ContextChoice list using mouse click. This is a shortcoming in the EditControl and we have logged a bug report defect 794 on this issue : Defect #794 - EditControl loses focus when ContextChoice item selection is performed using the mouse 2) To cancel the contextChoice popup, you should handle ContextChoiceBeforeOpen event (and not ContextChoiceOpen) and assign e.Cancel to true in the event handler. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2005 10:44 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Defects 702 and 789 have been taken care of internally and the fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Edit (post v3.3.0.0 releases). We appreciate your patience and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 08:38 AM UTC

Hi Bharath, Thanks a lot for your updated information. In the AdvancedIntellisenseDemo, I found that when I type "this.TestMethod(" then choose the item with two parameters, then type "a,b,c,". It is supposed that no item is bolded. But actually the last paramter always shows as bolded no matter how much paramter I typed. And when I minimized the EditControl form ,then opened again, everything is fine. It seems that the refresh method is not called when the SelectedItem.BoldedItems.SelectedItem is set with null. How can I get over it?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 08:54 AM UTC

And when I typed "this.Method1" ,then typed "." between "this" and ".", the contextChoice form flickered and didn''t show? Thanks for your patient reply.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your feedback. I do see the parameter bolding issue in the ContextPrompt and have notified the development team in this regard. We have logged a bug report defect 806 in this and will take care of the same at the earliest : Defect #806 - Issues with ContextChoice and ContextPrompt in the EditControl However, the flicker issue in ContextChoice has been taken care of internally in the newly reworked ContextChoice implementation. We appreciate your patience, and continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 29, 2005 08:22 AM UTC

Hi, I want to know if the help document mentioned before is available now? And one more question is how can I get rid of the horizontal scroll bar in context choice form?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 29, 2005 03:32 PM UTC

Hi Susan, The scroll bar inconsistency was a known issue in the ContextChoice popup in v3.3.0.0. The ContextChoice feature has been reworked and this issue has been fixed internally. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, if you wish to receive updated assemblies containing these changes. I need more information regarding the documentation that you have requested for the following namespaces - Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation and Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Interfaces. We have class reference information on all our name spaces integrated with VS.NET help. You could access the class reference as shown below : Start Menu >> Program Files >> MS VS.NET 2003 >> MS VS.NET 2003 Documentation Set the "Filtered by" combobox to "no filter" and type the name of the desired name space in the "Look for :" combobox. Please take a look at the class reference for these name spaces and let me know if this works for you. If not, kindly provide us more information on the kind of documentation you are looking for. A few examples would be of great help. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 01:50 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for your updated assemblies. It do fix some issues. My new question is still about the contextChoice form. When I type word I want to highlight the match item in context choice form instead of filtering the items. So I set UseAutocomplete property with false and add my own code. however the context choice form flickers when I typing. Could you give me some advice about that? Thanks a lot!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 07:40 AM UTC

ps: when using updated assemblies, context choice form doesn''t show up but flickeres when I pressed "Ctrl+space" among a word. It only shows up when cursor is just behind "."

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 04:41 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your feedback on both these issues. 1. The UseAutocomplete property in the ContextChoiceController does not work as expected and we have logged a bug report - defect 853 in this regard : Defect #853 - UseAutocomplete in ContextChoiceController does not work as expected 2. The Ctrl+Space keys shortcut to invoke ContextChoice popup too does not work correctly in all scenarios, and in some cases cause flickers. We have logged a bug report - defect 852 in this regard : Defect #852 - Ctrl+Space keys shortcut to invoke ContextChoice popup causes flicker We will try our very best to fix these issues at the earliest. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 09:10 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Defect 806 is fixed internally and the fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Edit. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 09:41 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Defect 794 is also fixed internally and the fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Edit. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2005 05:10 AM UTC

Hi Guru Patwal , There is another problem about editcontrol. When I drap and drop a EditControl to a Form , then delete it from form. Why a Save file dialog always shows up.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2005 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Thanks for your feedback in this regard. This is a shortcoming in the EditControl and we have logged a bug report - defect 909 on this issue : Defect #909 - EditControl displays Save prompt dialog at design-time A quick workaround here would be to set the SaveOnClose property to false. We appreciate your patience and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 7, 2005 07:24 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Defect 853 is fixed internally and the fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Edit. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 7, 2005 07:48 PM UTC

Hi Susan, Defect 909 is also fixed internally and the fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Edit. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 16, 2005 06:11 AM UTC

Hi Susan, Defect 794 has been fixed internally and the fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Edit. We appreciate your patience and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon