We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Demo Errors in Version 3.3.0.0

I''ve been have trouble getting your EditControl samples to work in version 3.3.0.0. Here a the samples I have gone to first with the problems I encountered: 1. AdvancedIntellisenseDemo A runtime exception happens on line 76 of Form1.cs - which is the following: // Creates new file using C# language configuration.editControl1.NewFile( editControl1.Configurator[ "C#" ] ); Exception Message: "An unhandled exception of type ''System.ArgumentNullException'' occurred in syncfusion.edit.windows.dll Additional information: name - it''s wrong lang name" I could not find documentation on what the "right" lang name would be for C#. None of my guesses worked. 2. ContextChoiceAndContextPromptDemo This sample runs without errors. However, there is no ContextChoice or ContextPrompt functionality. There is only plain black text (no syntax highlighting as in the screenshot). When I type ''this.'' as instructed by the sample, nothing happens. After viewing the code in Form1.cs, there doesn''t appear to be any implementation - no ContextChoice/Prompt info has been set up. No syntax info appears to be set up either. 3. SyntaxColoringDemo The form comes up. I can load text from the ''Code Samples'' menu item. They come up in pain black text - no Syntax Coloring. When I click on the ''Load ConfigurationDialog'' menu item I get a null reference exception on Line 235 of Form1.cs - which is the following: frmConfigDialog editConfig = new frmConfigDialog( this.editControl1.Configurator, activeLang ); Neither of the two parameters to this constructer are null, so I have no idea why the null reference exception is occuring. These are the first samples I''ve tried as these are some of the features I must have for my applications needs. The documentation I''ve found for version 3.3 seems to be class reference documentation only with extremely brief descriptions of class members. This leaves me very dependant of you samples which, of course, are not working for me. Am I overlooking something? Regards, -Mike

10 Replies

MJ Mike J. Keating September 14, 2005 06:33 PM UTC

I took another look at the ContextChoiceAndContextPromptDemo. I see there are, indeed, Choice/Promt items being sett up in the ContextChoiceUpdate and ContextPromptOpen delegats. Perhaps the problem is that the config.xml is not being processed properly. It is there, but doesn''t seem to have any effect when Configurator.Open is called on it. My project is depending on these features and progress is being held up for them, so your help and feedback will be appreciated. Thanks, -Mike

MJ Mike J. Keating September 14, 2005 06:55 PM UTC

Just another note - calling this.editControl1.ApplyConfiguration(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Enums.KnownLanguages.CSharp); throws the following exception: "The specified language can not be found." This happened for any other KnowLanguage enums I tried as well. Regards, -Mike

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2005 05:06 AM UTC

Hi Michael, Thanks for your feedback on the Essential Edit. We have some problem attaching the files to the Forum posts, I don''t see any of these issues with version 3.3.0.0, Anyway I will send you the assemblies, which will solve your problem. I need your E-Mail ID, So that I can send you the attachments without any delay. We regret for the inconvenience caused by us. We appretiate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2005 08:30 AM UTC

Hi Michael, The problem with the forums has now been resolved.Here with I am sending the Assemblies(Attached) , follow these steps listed below: 1. Download and unzip the Assemblies folder attached . Copy the contents (Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll and Syncfusion.Edit.Windows.dll) of the folders ...\Assemblies\1.0 and ...\Assemblies\1.1 to the directories C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.0 and C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 respectively replacing the existing files there. 2. Delete all the references for Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll and Syncfusion.Edit.Windows.dll in the GAC (C:\Windows\Assembly in the Windows XP machine or C:\Winnt\Assembly folder in the Windows 2000) 3. Drag and drop the newly added assemblies - Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll and Syncfusion.Edit.Windows.dll from the directories C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.0 and C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 into the GAC. Note that the assemblies have to be dragged and dropped (copy-paste does not work). Now test your application and let me know if you need further assistance. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc. Assemblies latest_4223.zip

MJ Mike J. Keating September 16, 2005 12:42 AM UTC

Thanks for the concerned reponse. It appears that it is on MY machine, that these errors happen. I''ve installed v3.3 on another machine and the samples work. I''ve completely uninstalled Syncfusion - made sure the assemply references were removed from the GAC, made sure the entire Syncfusion directory was deleted, rebooted, and reinstalled. Same problem - no syntax coloring, etc. It''s as though the Configurator does not process the config.xml files for me. Perhaps I should debug the call - if you have no other suggestions. We should have a full source license with you. Perhaps you could point me to the download for it. My email address is Mike_J_Keating@Countrywide.com. Thanks for your help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2005 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Michael, Thanks for you repeated feedbacks on Syncfusion products. I am afraid, I am unable to provide the complete solution for your problem, let me know with what licensed version of our product you are working with. So that I can send you the details of the downloads. We appretiate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

MJ Mike J. Keating September 16, 2005 07:35 PM UTC

You should be able to reproduce these errors on systems that have .NET 1.1 Hot Fix KB886904. The samples worked after I Removed this hot fix and rebooted. I collegue also had the same trouble that was fixed for him when he unistalled this hot fix. This hot fix is distributed by our Network Administation. So, I''m not sure what sort of trouble I''ll have getting people to uninstall the hot fix. Anyway, I recommend you investigate this issue as other clients machines are likely have the same problem. Regards, -Mike

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 06:17 AM UTC

Hi Mike, Thanks for your feedback. I see the same errors that you noticed in ContextChoiceAndContextPromptDemo, SyntaxColoringDemo, when I have .NET 1.1 Hot Fix KB886904.But everything is going fine, when I uninstalled it (Hot Fix KB886904) from my machine. Let me know if you need anything more. Thanks for your patience and interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

MJ Mike J. Keating September 19, 2005 08:34 PM UTC

I''m wondering if you are planning on a fix for this. It appears that machines with this hot fix are unable to process the config.xml file or any other syntax/config file - which the new edit control depends upon for most of its functionality. Is your solution that all clients, who have machines running applications developed with your edit control, unistall this hot fix? Is that a reasonable requirement for our clients? Or are you panning an update? I''m just wondering how your are planning to handle this. Thanks, Michael Keating

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 20, 2005 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Michael, Thanks for your feedback, I had tested it on my machine, I see solution for this problem in this link,please refer to this, So that it can solve the problem. Let me know if you need anything more. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon