We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error When Un-loading Windows form

Hi I have problem when Un-loading some form after loading (displaying) an excel file , after closing the file and if I want to Un-load the form that opens the excel file sheet it gives me the following run time error : An unhandled exception of type ''Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelWorkbookNotSavedException'' occurred in syncfusion.excelrw.dll Additional information: Excel Binary workbook was not saved. Object can not be disposed. Save workbook or set property ThrowNotSavedOnDestoy to false. Here is my code in case of saving the excel file: excelEngine.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = true; //SheetAll.Protect("syncfusion"); myWorkbook.SaveAs(Application.StartupPath + @"\\Reports\\repStatTypeDept.xls"); excelEngine.Dispose(); //Launching the Excel file using the default Application.[MS Excel Or Free ExcelViewer] System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application.StartupPath + @"\\Reports\\repStatTypeDept.xls"); The Excelrw version Is (2.1.0.9). So how I can avoid this error?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2005 04:52 AM UTC

>Hi > >I have problem when Un-loading some form after loading (displaying) an excel file , after closing the file and if I want to Un-load the form that opens the excel file sheet it gives me the following run time error : > >An unhandled exception of type ''Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelWorkbookNotSavedException'' occurred in syncfusion.excelrw.dll > >Additional information: Excel Binary workbook was not saved. Object can not be disposed. Save workbook or set property ThrowNotSavedOnDestoy to false. > >Here is my code in case of saving the excel file: > >excelEngine.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = true; >//SheetAll.Protect("syncfusion"); >myWorkbook.SaveAs(Application.StartupPath + @"\\Reports\\repStatTypeDept.xls"); >excelEngine.Dispose(); >//Launching the Excel file using the default Application.[MS Excel Or Free ExcelViewer] >System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application.StartupPath + @"\\Reports\\repStatTypeDept.xls"); > >The Excelrw version Is (2.1.0.9). >So how I can avoid this error? > First way: excelEngine.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = false; Second way: catch the exception ;)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2005 10:57 AM UTC

Hi Mohammad, Change the Code as: excelEngine.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = false; This line throws no exception if there are unsaved workbooks. Best Regards, Seetha >Hi > >I have problem when Un-loading some form after loading (displaying) an excel file , after closing the file and if I want to Un-load the form that opens the excel file sheet it gives me the following run time error : > >An unhandled exception of type ''Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelWorkbookNotSavedException'' occurred in syncfusion.excelrw.dll > >Additional information: Excel Binary workbook was not saved. Object can not be disposed. Save workbook or set property ThrowNotSavedOnDestoy to false. > >Here is my code in case of saving the excel file: > >excelEngine.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = true; >//SheetAll.Protect("syncfusion"); >myWorkbook.SaveAs(Application.StartupPath + @"\\Reports\\repStatTypeDept.xls"); >excelEngine.Dispose(); >//Launching the Excel file using the default Application.[MS Excel Or Free ExcelViewer] >System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application.StartupPath + @"\\Reports\\repStatTypeDept.xls"); > >The Excelrw version Is (2.1.0.9). >So how I can avoid this error? >

MA Mohammad Abdullah September 17, 2005 08:10 AM UTC

I did your recommendations but nothing changed the problem not resolved and the same message displayed.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Mohammad, I tested with the version 2.1.0.9, it works fine. Can you please send me the file. Sorry for the Inconvenience. Thanks, Seetha >I did your recommendations but nothing changed the problem not resolved and the same message displayed.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon