We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dynamic Syntax Highlighting

I understand that the Edit control allows custom syntax highlighting through a config file. Is it possible to modify the config file during runtime and have the changes show immediately? For example, if I had your Grid control set up with NamedRanges key/value data, could I update the config file with the NamedRange names and have the edit control immediately recognize it? Thanks, Derek

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2005 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Derek, EditControl offers a syntax highlighting feature, to highlight the text during the runtime. Refer to the following article for details. KB article for Dynamic Syntax highlighting feature Let me know if you need anything more. We appreciate your patience, and thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2005 06:51 AM UTC

Hi Derek, We regret for the inconvenience caused, I had posted with a different URL in the reply made to you, please neglect the URL and refer to the following link for details of the KB article: KB article for Dynamic syntax highlighting feature Regards, Bharath Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2005 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, The url seems valid, but when I click on it (in FireFox), I go to a page with the title: How do I perform the language based Syntax highlighting in EditControl? which really isn''t what I wanted. But at the bottom of the page, the top link in the "Related Questions" section is: "How can I programmatically perform syntax highlighting in the EditControl ?" which is exactly what I was looking for. It''s link is: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/edit/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=31 which is exactly what you listed below. Very strange... Thanks, Derek >Hi Derek, > >We regret for the inconvenience caused, I had posted with a different URL in the reply made to you, please neglect > >the URL and refer to the following link for details of the KB article: > > >KB article for Dynamic syntax highlighting feature > >Regards, >Bharath >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2005 02:50 PM UTC

Hi Derek, Thanks for the update. Please feel free to contact us if you need any other information. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Bharath Syncfusion,Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon