We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Form Control Access

In reference to FAQ 2.32: "Windows Forms Controls/How can I add a control to a Window Form at runtime?" Once controls have been added, how do you reference events to them? The "click" and MouseUp" events I have manually keyed are being ignored.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2005 05:25 AM UTC

Hi To add a control to form at runtime first u need to create the control . then add to form.finally add eventhandlers to catch events.4 ex if u want to add a a button using c# Button b=new Button(); b.Text="hai"; b.Location=new Point(100,300); to add button to a form u need to use Controls.Add(b); to get events u should add a handler like this b.Click+=new EventHandler(b_Click); then define the eventhandler body private void b_Click(object obj,EventArgs e){ MessageBox.Show("Button clicked"); } u wil get a clearcut idea if u go thro the "Windows Form Designer generated code" region >In reference to FAQ 2.32: >"Windows Forms Controls/How can I add a control to a Window Form at runtime?" > >Once controls have been added, how do you reference events to them? The "click" and MouseUp" events I have manually keyed are being ignored.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon