We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Enabling/Disabling Edit menu BarItems in a Form

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

3448 Mar 19,2003 04:28 PM Mar 20,2003 01:26 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On March 19, 2003 04:28 PM

Hi, We have several MDI child forms with lot (50-100) of textboxes, comboboxes, etc. I would like to provide Edit->cut/copy/Paste menus in my main form's main menu. I would like to enable/disable these BarItems when text is selected or copied into clipboard. Is there a better way than registering for text selected for each textbox and enable/disable? What is the efficient way of achieving this? thanks, - Reddy

Ramesh Praveen [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 20, 2003 01:26 PM

Hi, You could listen to the BeforePopup event of the parent and update the state of the baritems there. But, note that if you provide shortcuts then the Click will be fired when the user keys that shortcut without any notification. We will be adding support for Command Updates via UpdateCommandUI events in a future version, soon. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;