We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom Symbol Palette compatibility problem with 3.3.0.0

Hello, I''m testing the new Version 3.3.0.0 before we upgrade, and I get an exception when loading our custom symbol palette into a PaletteGroupBar control. I get the same exception when loading our custom symbol palette into the symbol designer. The exception is: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". It occurs in the symbol designer when the CustomSymbolModel is deserialized: curPalett = (SymbolPalette) formatter.Deserialize(iStream) It occurs in my test application when the PaletteGroupBar.LoadPalette() method is called. Could it be that (custom) symbol models created with 3.2.1.0 are not compatible with version 3.3.0.0? I''d really appreciate a fast response on this one. We are under pressure to introduce V3.3.0.0 because it solves some important issues. But not being able to load my CustomSymbolModels is a showstopper. More details: We have created our own custom symbol palettes containing CustomSymbolModels. The CustomSymbolModel class is subclassed from SymbolModel, and contains a few extra properties. The CustomSymbolModels we create with the symbol designer have the subclassing properties set as follows: PlugInAssemblyName: ABB.PCM.Tools.PCMDisplayEditor PlugInClass: ABB.PCM.Tools.PCMDisplayEditor.GraphicalNode Where PCMDisplayEditor is our application, and GraphicalNode is subclassed from Symbol, and GraphicalNodes are instantiated from CustomSymbolModels.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2005 02:03 PM UTC

Richard, Are you using the offical release version of 3.3.0.0, or one of the RC builds? A problem that we noticed in the 3.3 SymbolDesigner is that trying a load a symbol palette when the designer was editing a previous palette was causing this particular exception. Restarting the designer before loading the second palette helps avoid this condition. We hope to have this problem fixed in time for the minor update of Diagram that is coming up. Can you send this custom symbol palette over so that I can take a look at it? You can email it to ''prakashs@syncfusion.com'' with a reference to this forum posting. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.

RD Richard Deverson September 9, 2005 02:29 PM UTC

Hello Prakash, Thanks for the quick response. It seems that I''ve found (ahem) the problem. I put it down to "assembly anarchy" - the successor to dll hell (Can I trademark a new phrase?) I recompiled my CustomSymbolModel class against V3.3.0.0 (which wasn''t easy because I have a lot of dependencies in my solution, hence the assembly anarchy), and now the palettes load without problems. However it seems to take an awfully long time to load a palette compared to V3.2.1.0 so, if I may take you up on your offer, I will send you a palette to take a look at. Thanks Richard

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 12, 2005 03:30 PM UTC

Hi Richard, ''Assembly Anarchy'' - I like that. Fitting, indeed. I received your palette file. I am looking into the issue and will update you. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon