We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Clay, NEED FINAL RELEASE v 3.3 HELP on DirectTrac incident 20655: performance issues with GridFormulaEngine

Clay, I''m thinking you will see this sooner than the guy covering my DirectTrac incident updates. Jayakumar Natarajan gave me good info on using Reflection to get at "ComputedValue" and "Parse" private methods in GridFormulaEngine to significantly speed up my app. These methods were found by reflection in the RC 3.3 I had been using. I just loaded final v3.3 and both these methods come back null from the call to typeof(GridFormulaEngine).GetMethods. Please see if you can help speed up Jayakumar Natarajan''s response, as I must leave next Wed, 9/14 to Norway to deploy my app on a survey ship.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2005 10:32 PM UTC

I do not have access the the final release code right now, but I think those methods were exposed as public methods in the final release. That is why reflection (trying to retrieve private methods) is not finding them. If they are public, you should be able to just access them directly through the engine object. I will download the 3.3 RC code and see if that is the case, but it will take about an hour for me to get it this evening.

BT Byron Tate September 8, 2005 11:22 PM UTC

I just changed the GetMethod reflection call to look for Public instead on NonPublic, and it found the methods. The functions seemed to work OK after that. I''ll do more testing tonight. Thanks for quick reply.

BT Byron Tate September 9, 2005 01:33 AM UTC

I changed the reflection args to look for Public functions, and the functions were found, and work. However, I ran my test grid with 6 columns of formulas and 27000 rows. With RC 3.3 this test took 4.5 minutes. With final 3.3, this took 7 minutes, a 55% decrease in performance. Please look into this. Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon