We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeViewAdv generates multiple DragItems when scrolling

I''ve found that when I have AutoScrolling set to ScrollBars.Both so that dragging an item around in a tree view will cause scrolling to happen, as it scrolls the _DragItem event gets called again and again for the same item. The problem is that when the drop happens and _DragDrop gets called it process the same item multiple times. How can I prevent this?

5 Replies

JB Joshua Bouscher September 7, 2005 07:58 PM UTC

In addition, what seems to be happening is that... in the _DragItem I call DoDragDrop. But the actual _DragDrop doesn''t happen until I''m done dragging around, at which point it calls _DragDrop once for each time that _DragItem was called. So I''m confused as to why _DragItem is called whenever I cause the scrollbars to move because of my dragging.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team September 8, 2005 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Joshua, I was able to reproduce the problem.We have logged a bug report Defect #731 - ItemDrag event calls multiple time when we dragging an item around the TreeviewAdv control on this issue and will try our very best to address the same at the earliest. Currently we have no workaround for this condition. If any update or workaround will be made by us regarding this issue, we will inform you. Please take a look at the Track of the bug in the open Issue. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Best Regards Vijay

JB Joshua Bouscher September 12, 2005 08:41 PM UTC

Hi, I was wondering if there was any status on this or when I could expect to see an update. It looks like the defect hasn''t been looked at yet. Thanks for your time.

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Joshua, The issue ItemDrag event calls multiple time when we dragging an item around the TreeviewAdv control has been fixed internally and It will be available in our next release. I will get back to you with more information regarding the release, as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience and continued interest in Syncfusion products. Best regards, Deepa.T.S

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team November 23, 2005 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Joshua, My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Defect #731 has been resolved. For the detailed solution please refer to the following link http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=731 or the sample TreeViewAdvAutoScroll which also illustrates the solution. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Deepa.T.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon