We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

choosing a hi-perf tree

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

34288 Sep 7,2005 10:56 AM Sep 12,2005 12:17 PM General Discussion 3
Tags: General Discussion
hemant
Asked On September 7, 2005 10:56 AM

hi, i have the following requirements: - to display a hierachical data structure (4 levels deep) with upto 25000 records. - the data will be recalculated (or repainted) every 1 second. - new records may be added every 30 seconds. given these requirements, which control should i use? grouping, hierchical, virt tree (a lot of work), or tree adv data bound? regards

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 7, 2005 01:41 PM

I think your reasonable choices are between a GridDataBoundGrid and a GridGroupingControl. The GridDataBoundGrid is lighter weight and for this reason would perform a little better than a GridGroupingCOntrol, but the mention of the requirement of adding rows is a plus for using the GridGroupingControl. The GridGroupingControl will automatically reflect the new rows. This is not the case with the GridDataBoundGrid. There you will have expand/collapse (can be done ''silently'') to display the new data, and this is extra work. I would set up a test program that has a dataset with the datacase that you want to measure performance. Then you can easily swap in/out either grid to see what basic performance you get out of the box before you start trying to optimize things for a particular grid.

Replied On September 12, 2005 12:07 PM

hi, i''m finding that the performance in grouping control is poor. i haven''t tried the grid control yet. i may have to reducethe paints, as the updates are too many right now. 1) is there any way to prevent to grid from painting? 2) is there a virtual hierachical control ? regards

Replied On September 12, 2005 12:17 PM

does suspendlayout work if you wish to selectively block painting on data changes?

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;