We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Code Generation

The online help says... "In interactive mode, the Essential Grid Control Designer adds verbs that allow you to select a cell or a range of cells and generate C# or VB.NET code for the formatting that has been visually applied to these cells." I go into interactive mode and click on a cell that I have set to checkbox. But I don''t see this verb. Jim

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2005 11:59 PM UTC

The verbs for a GridControl are TouchIt, Edit Base Styles, Toggle Interactive Mode, Cover/Merge Cells, Uncover Cells, Export as Template, Import from Template. The last 2 will save/read the layout as a binary file. To actually see source code, you can use the Touch It verb, and then open the designer generated code in the form''s source ode to see the source generated by the designer.

JI Jim September 7, 2005 03:38 AM UTC

I''m confused. When I "touch it", exactly what code is being generated? I don''t see anything different. In any event, this process certainly is a bit different from what the help is describing. Based on that I except to see something like "Generate code" and then find the generated code in the clipboard. Can you elaborate? Say, didn''t you used to work for Stingray?? Jim

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2005 07:55 AM UTC

If you are using .NET 1.1, when you do a TouchIt, it is the code in this normally collapsed region, "#region Windows Form Designer generated code", that is rewritten. In it will be any code needed to produce the designed GridControl. There is no Generate Code verb. If you want to get the generated code on the clipboard, you will have to copy it from the designer generated code section of the form''s file. Yes. I did work at Stingray at one time.

JI Jim September 7, 2005 02:10 PM UTC

Ah, now I understand. OK, you might want to change the documentation to avoid future confusion. :) I thought "touch it" changed it from "global mode" to interactive mode. Is it doing that also? And, just for the sake of completeness here, if I don''t touch it, do my changes not get generated? Thanks for your help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2005 03:00 PM UTC

Touch it forces the changes to be saved. If you modify the form at design time, and then close the form or compile the project, the changes should also be saved as well.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon