We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Version 3.3

The project that I''m working on is currently using Version 2.1.0.9. The first step for the next phase of the project is to upgrade to Version 3.3. Can both versions co-exist on the same computer or do I need to uninstall the older version? Do I need to open all the forms to "upgrade" the controls? Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2005 08:35 PM UTC

Hi Lori, both versions can co-exist on the same computer. They use different dll names. Just make sure you use the AssemblyManager that comes with 3.3 if you want to switch between the two versions. To upgrade forms you can do the upgrade using the Migration/ConvertRes utility. For grid the resx files will continue to work once you migrated them but the first time you make changes the form will be converted from resx serialization to code serialization. But you can do that conversion on demand only when you need to make changes to that form. Stefan >The project that I''m working on is currently using Version 2.1.0.9. The first step for the next phase of the project is to upgrade to Version 3.3. Can both versions co-exist on the same computer or do I need to uninstall the older version? Do I need to open all the forms to "upgrade" the controls? > >Thanks in advance!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon