We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dock

Im using docking manager in an MDI application. In the application different form are docked in docking manager. I need to change a particular form (say form x) to modal dialog. I have added a menu item say MakeModal in the form which has to be made modal dialog (form x). In the MakeModal menuitem click event handler, I have removed the form from Docking manager by, form.TopLevel = true; form.Visible = false; form.ShowDialog(); Now at some point of time in the application i need to dock the form again in the docking manager. To do this I have added the following code in the MakeDock menuItem event handler. form.TopLevel = false; this.dockingManager.DockControl(form, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Bottom,150); When i click MakeModal, I am able to make the form as modal. But when I again dock the form to the docking manager using MakeDock menuitem, I am not getting the form displayed. Kindly let me know whether it is possible to dock that form again in the docking manager.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2005 11:45 AM UTC

Sorry I have missed a line in the MakeModal menu item event handler, this.dockingManager.SetEnableDocking(form,false); form.TopLevel = true; form.Visible = false; form.ShowDialog();

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team September 8, 2005 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Suresh, Please refer to this forum response: Docking form . Thanks Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon