We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Licencing Between Developer PCs

Good Morning I''m fairly new to the Syncfusion suite so please bear with me ... We are getting an error when I try to run the ASP.NET app that I have developed on my pc on another developer''s machine. I have a full version of Essential Suite, he has the eval version while he waits for sign off to buy the full version. All I have done is copy the code on my pc onto his pc. The application builds on his pc without any errors. However, when we run up the app on his pc, we get the following error (see attached). Your assistance would be much appreciated in how to resolve this error. Thanks in advance Chris Doc1_8810.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2005 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Chris Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Can he try using the 3.3.0.0 version of Essential Studio as we have made changes to make it easier to use and deploy the ASP.NET controls. If he still wants to use Essential Studio 3.2.1.0: a) Is he using VS.NET 2003? Version 3.201.1.0 assemblies should be used with VS.NET 2003 and here are all the assemblies he should be using:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc4" Namespace="Syncfusion.Grouping" Assembly="Syncfusion.Grouping.Base, Version=3.201.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc3" Namespace="Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid" Assembly="Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, Version=3.201.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc2" Namespace="Syncfusion.Styles" Assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=3.201.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="ssw" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" Assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Web, Version=3.201.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sfwg" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping" Assembly="Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Web, Version=3.201.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" %>
b) Also, does he have the LicenseContext.slf in the bin (output) folder? This file is generated during install and is located in the InstallRoot\Templates folder. He should this file to the output directory of your application. Note: You can also use the GenerateSLF.exe utility located in the InstallRoot \Utilities\GenerateSLF folder to generate the LicenseContext.slf file. c) The scripts and images used by the control are under /Syncfusion/Resources/GroupingGridWeb directory. The ImageFilesPath and ScriptFilesPath property of the GridGroupingControl point to this directory. Can you ask him to check these out. It would be a better idea to try out the 3.3 version which he can download here. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2005 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Chris A part of my posting did not make it due to presence some of the tags, so here is a file. Thanks Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon