We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl VS GDBG

Hi, I need the answer for the following questons. i would really appreciate the help if i can the answer. Q1 can i have tree/relation between the rows in simple gridcontrol? Q2 can i use formatlayout in simple gridcontrol, in order to show a record in multiple rows? Q3 can i use GDBG without a datasource, i mean withoud assigning anything like dataset, datatable.... ? Can i populate GDBG by looking for each cell? thanks,

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 29, 2005 10:25 PM UTC

I know these are very basic questions but i would really appreciate if soneone could help me. Thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 29, 2005 10:28 PM UTC

Q1 - Not easily. You would need to use a virtual GridControl and write some code. See this sample. \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\VirtTreeGrid Q2 - There is no simple property setting to do this in a GridControl. You could handle virtual events and implement this functionality, but it will take some coding. Q3 - The GridDataBoundGrid needs a datasource. You can handle the grid.Model.QueryCellInfo event to dynamically provide data other than what is in the datasource to the grid. Another option would be to dynamically create a datasource (like a DataTable or ArrayList or ???) and use that for the DataSource of the grid.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 29, 2005 10:38 PM UTC

THanks clay, What is Virtual Grid? How the virtual Grid is different is different with GrigControl? What are the criteria to pick which grid should I use? Thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 29, 2005 11:41 PM UTC

Take a look at the Virtual Grid Lesson in the Essential Grid Tutorial in the grid User''s Guide. A virtual grid is a GridContrl that does not hold any data. It gets its data from virtual events. Here is a forum link on the different grids. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=29413 You can also look through the User Guide sections on each grid.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon