We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding DataSet / DataTable to Chart

Hello All, My requirement is to assign datasource to a chart at run time. My datasource is set of items[ on X axis] and prices[ on Yaxis]. But when I try to assign any string to X axis or Y axis it does not allow me to do that. Only datatypes I could find is double & dateTime, but in my case this will not work. Please give me suggestions on how to solve this. Thanks Vinay

3 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 30, 2005 11:18 AM UTC

Hello Vinay, To work with string datatype, you can have the ChartValueType property set to Custom. This property helps in implementing user-defined datatypes. The code snippet for the same is shown below: this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.ValueType = ChartValueType.Custom; Please refer to the sample attached below and let me know if you have any questions. sample_8698.zip Thanks, Geetha.

VI Vinay August 30, 2005 01:50 PM UTC

Hello Geetha, I could not find the mdb file in the attached Zip . Could you please attach it again. Thanks Vinay >Hello Vinay, > >To work with string datatype, you can have the ChartValueType property set to Custom. This property helps in implementing user-defined datatypes. The code snippet for the same is shown below: > >this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.ValueType = ChartValueType.Custom; > >Please refer to the sample attached below and let me know if you have any questions. > >sample_8698.zip > > >Thanks, > >Geetha. > > > >

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 31, 2005 07:02 AM UTC

Hello Vinay, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please refer the sample attached below and let me know if you have any questions. DataBind_5990.zip Thanks, Geetha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon