We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is this the right way to set the styles in a GDBG?

The colour of the cell text and "bold" doesn''t change with this code, but the text appears as set by the style. This is my own method, and not an event handler. Thanks. private void FormatGrid(string source) { if (source == "Main") { int numOfRows = GetNumOfRowsInMain(); int rowIndex = 0; for (rowIndex = 6; rowIndex <= numOfRows; rowIndex += 6) { if (this.dgTest[rowIndex, 2].Text == "N") { GridStyleInfo style = new GridStyleInfo(); // Set some properties style.BackColor = SystemColors.Menu; style.TextColor = SystemColors.HotTrack; //DataRow dr = GetDataRowAtCoOrdinates(rowIndex); style.Text = this.dgTest[rowIndex, 1].Text; style.Font.Bold = true; GridRangeInfo range = GridRangeInfo.Cells(rowIndex, 1, rowIndex + 2, 1); this.dgTest.Model.ChangeCells(range, style, Syncfusion.Styles.StyleModifyType.Override); // Create a GridRangeInfo object // GridRangeInfo range = GridRangeInfo.Cells(1,1,5,5); // this.dgTest.Model[rowIndex, 1].TextColor = Color.Red; // this.dgTest.Model[rowIndex + 1, 1].TextColor = Color.Red; // this.dgTest.Model[rowIndex + 2, 1].TextColor = Color.Red; } } }

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2005 06:21 PM UTC

You cannot set anything other than style.Text or style.CellValue on individual cells or cellranges in a GridDataBoundGrid. So, you cannot set style.Font.Bold the way you are trying to do it. Instead you have to use an event, and provide the style dynamically. See http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=83 and http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx.

VI Virgil September 13, 2005 11:45 AM UTC

The example given covers only the background color, which is found in the Style property available through the GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs variable passed in as an event arg to the PrepareViewStyle. I am interested in how to set the foreground color of the text in a GDBG. I found the TextColor property, but this appears to not be usable within this event.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2005 03:51 PM UTC

Hi Virgil, Here is a small sample that work fine for Style.TextColor. Do you see the issue in this sample too? Condition Coloring_CS.zip Best regards, Jay N

VI Virgil September 13, 2005 06:14 PM UTC

I swear I looked all over the GridStyleInfo and did not see the TextColor. Your example works great and now so does my program. Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon