We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Performance

I have seen a couple of posts concerning performance of the Excel component, and would really appreciate a bit more information as to what I can expect of the performance improvements that have been mentioned. I am currently evaluating the component, and have a couple of tests with a workbook containing a single worksheet that has 330,000 cells over 10,000 rows. The worksheet is data only - no additonal formatting, etc. Test 1 ------ Open workbook SaveAs(filename) workbook : ~26 Seconds Test 2 ------ Open workbook FillBackground 10,000 ranges SaveAs(filename) workbook : ~60 Seconds My dev box has the following spec: P4 3Ghz HT CPU 1.5 GB Ram Windows XP Pro .NET 1.1 Syncfusion Studio 3.2.1.0 What level of performance improvements can I expect for the tests above? Thanks, Tim.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2005 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Tim, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I ran a similar test using the latest internal version (partially optimized) and it took 28 secs to read a workbook with 10000Rows and 33 Columns and applying styles to 10000 Ranges and saving the workbook to disk. (Test machine specs were 2.8 Ghz P4 with 512MB RAM) This is not the final optimized version and we expect to improve on this timing substantially. However, we are unable to provide exact improvement specs at this time but please let us know of your expected performance specs and we will try our best to achieve it. Thanks, Stephen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon