We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Databinding of labels on a node

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

33805 Aug 26,2005 07:06 AM Aug 29,2005 09:48 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Diagram
Sachin
Asked On August 26, 2005 07:06 AM

How do i do Databinding of labels on a node to symbol property or anything except for the ones provided aka text and symbolname.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 26, 2005 05:09 PM

Hello Sachin, Why not just implement these properties as part of a custom symbol class using the standard get/set accessors, and provide the required data binding logic within this class? Please elaborate on the issue if I am missing something here. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Sachin Vijan
Replied On August 27, 2005 03:27 AM

The symbols have been created using symbol designer. it has four labels which i wanna bind to four database columns how do i do that?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 29, 2005 09:48 AM

Sachin, The best way to go about this would be to use a custom symbol class in your application(or optionally in a separate library) for subclassing your symbol. You will have to use the approach demonstrated in the QuickStart\CustomSymbol sample of providing the PluginAssembly/PluginClass of the subclassing type when designing the symbol in the SymbolDesigner. Once this is done, you can implement get/set accessors in your symbol subclass for the SymbolLabels that require to be bound to your database, and implement the binding functionality from within the subclass. Handling the SymbolLabel''s PropertyChanged event or overriding the OnPropertyChanged method and looking for updates to the ''Text'' property will let you know when a SymbolLabel has undergone an inplace edit, and you can use this hint to effect changes to your data. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;