We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Databinding of labels on a node

How do i do Databinding of labels on a node to symbol property or anything except for the ones provided aka text and symbolname.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2005 09:09 PM UTC

Hello Sachin, Why not just implement these properties as part of a custom symbol class using the standard get/set accessors, and provide the required data binding logic within this class? Please elaborate on the issue if I am missing something here. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

SV Sachin Vijan August 27, 2005 07:27 AM UTC

The symbols have been created using symbol designer. it has four labels which i wanna bind to four database columns how do i do that?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 29, 2005 01:48 PM UTC

Sachin, The best way to go about this would be to use a custom symbol class in your application(or optionally in a separate library) for subclassing your symbol. You will have to use the approach demonstrated in the QuickStart\CustomSymbol sample of providing the PluginAssembly/PluginClass of the subclassing type when designing the symbol in the SymbolDesigner. Once this is done, you can implement get/set accessors in your symbol subclass for the SymbolLabels that require to be bound to your database, and implement the binding functionality from within the subclass. Handling the SymbolLabel''s PropertyChanged event or overriding the OnPropertyChanged method and looking for updates to the ''Text'' property will let you know when a SymbolLabel has undergone an inplace edit, and you can use this hint to effect changes to your data. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon