We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBoundGrid (ver 1.6.1.8) - summary row

Hello, I use GridDataBoundGrid of version 1.6.1.8 and I have a question. Problem is next: Imagine DataSource, that has data with two levels of hierarchy. Level 1 contains summary information(totals) and level 2 details. When I expand level 1, rows of level 2 with details are simply inserted after row of level 1 with totals. I mean - now total is above details. And what I need: after expandig, summary row of level 1 must be displayed at the bottom of details. But Expand button, that belongs to row with total, must stay at the first detailed row - not jump at the bottom with total row. Is it possible to persuade GridDataBoundGrid of ver 1.6.1.8 to behave like that? Can you suggest something? Thank you

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 25, 2005 01:57 PM UTC

One idea is to try to interchange the text for the parent row with the text in the last child row. This will take a little work and it may not work. Try handling DrawCellDisplayText. There get the GridBoundRecordState for the row. If it is an expanded parent row, then use the info in the GridBoundRecordState to find the value in teh corresponding bottom child row, and set that value to the e.DusplayText. Also, check if the GridBoundRecordState indicates you are on the last row of the child. If so, use teh info in the GridBoundrecordState to get the value from the parent and set it to the display text.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 29, 2005 05:39 AM UTC

yes, we already were thinking about this kind of tricks. We just wanted to know is there a more legal solution - some properties of grid for example. Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon