We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grouping control not saving values

Hello, I have a dropdown form that has a grouping control and two buttons - OK and (guess which?..) Cancel. THe development was done about a month ago. Now I just need to add a static message to the form. But whenever I do anything on the form (even merely change size of the form), the grouping control stops working. One of its column has numbers, which are initialy all zeroes; so I enter another number, as soon as I move a cursor to another cell, the changed value turns back to zero. In other words, it just does not save values, although I can see values passed to it in the CurrentRecordContextChange event handler when I step through the code. Any thoughts on that?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2005 05:22 PM UTC

>>DropDown form What does this mean? Are you calling form.Show/ShowDialog to display a form from a button on another form? Or, are you using some kind of Popup control to display a form? You might check how each control is parented. This might affect focus issues and validation which may be affecting this problem. If you can upload a sample project showing the problem, we can try to debug it hear.

IK Igor Kashtelyan August 24, 2005 05:50 PM UTC

Clay, There is a main GDBG that has some row cells of type dropdowncell, so this is the dropdown window that contains a form that has a Grouping control in it. I''ve just tried to add a static message to the form and all of a sudden the Grouping Grid is not working. I did some investigation, and it seems that it executes handlers to TableControlCurrentCellValidateString and CurrentRecordContextChange events, but never gets to execute a handler of SaveCellFormattedText event. It all works fine until I change anything on the form. I will try to extract some code to upload for your analysis, but do you have any idea why is it started happening? >>>DropDown form > >What does this mean? Are you calling form.Show/ShowDialog to display a form from a button on another form? Or, are you using some kind of Popup control to display a form? > >You might check how each control is parented. This might affect focus issues and validation which may be affecting this problem. > >If you can upload a sample project showing the problem, we can try to debug it hear.

IK Igor Kashtelyan August 24, 2005 06:05 PM UTC

I got it. It was Visual Studio that was kicking out a reference to SaveFormattedText event handler, hence it was not called. My Regards.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon