We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error in assembly manager during Upgrade 3.0.1.0 to 3.2.1.0

When I run Assembly Manager (for .NET 2003) i have this exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed. at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library) at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine) at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName) at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses(String machineName) at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.IsDevEnvRunning() at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.Main(String[] args) Before upgrade, i not have any problem. Thank''s of everything.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2005 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Nietzsche, We have had a couple of users encounter this problem and you should be able to find more information on this as this is something related to your machine. Process counters need to be enabled in order for any program to launch a process. Here is a list of registry keys to look for: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfDisk\Performance HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfNet\Performance HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfOS\Performance HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance These are keys where a value for disable counters can be found. The last one, PerfProc is the most likely culprit. You need to go to the registry and remove the entry named "Disable Performance Counters" to address this issue. Can you try this and then update the support incident if you have any further questions. Thank you for your cooperation and contnued support for Syncfusion. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon