We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MultiColumnComboBox

Hi, Is there a way to set formatting of the Text property of the MultiColumnComboBox? Please consider the following: The DataSource of the MultiColumnComboBox is a DataTable with the structure: Column1- DateTime Column2 –DateTime MultiColumnComboBox.DisplayMember=”Column1”; MultiColumnComboBox.ValueMember=”Column2”; So displayed text would be in the format “mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM”, but I want it to be displayed with the “{0:d}” format. Thank you

6 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team August 24, 2005 02:57 PM UTC

Hi Ivan The MultiColumnComboBox uses the GridListControl internally as its dropdown and we do not have a property to set any custom format for the Text displayed in a MultiColumnComboBox. Regards, Anu

IV Ivan August 24, 2005 03:03 PM UTC

What would be a workaround then? Thank you

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 25, 2005 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Ivan The display text in the grid can be formatted using QueryCellInfo event of the GridListControl Here is a sample

IV Ivan August 25, 2005 04:25 PM UTC

Thank you for the example, but it does not solve my problem. Although the grid cells are formatted, the text of the MultiColumnComboBox is not. I don''t have a source code for the control, but I suspect that the text property is set by converting the cell value to string (ToString()). Is there an event I can intercept, when the cell value is read, so I can pass the properly formatted string? Thank you

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2005 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Ivan, To format the text in the MultiColumnComboBox, you need not rely on grid formatting. Handling of the SelectedIndexChanged event would solve your problem. this.multiColumnComboBox1.SelectedIndexChanged += new EventHandler(multiColumnComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged); private void multiColumnComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { DateTime date = System.DateTime.Parse(this.multiColumnComboBox1.Text); this.multiColumnComboBox1.Text = date.ToString("{0:d}"); } Best regards, Stanley

IV Ivan August 26, 2005 04:17 PM UTC

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your time.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon