We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XlsIO - DataBoundGrid scenario help...

We recently purchased your UI suite and I''d like some direction, please. Scenario: We''d like to be able to load a GDBG from a database via a DataTable and also have one or multiple unbound formula columns whose computed values we''d like stored back in the DataTable as well as displayed in the grid alongside the bound columns. We''d also like the ability to export this grid to an Excel file (along with formulas/computed values) to allow a user to verify the formulas we''re using. How might I accomplish this scenario? I''ve become somewhat familiar with your object model and we have full source for your components. Thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 10:02 PM UTC

The simplest way to do this is to add Expression columns to your DataTable if they will handle the type of formulas you want to allow your user to enter. If you need to use Excel-Like formulas (where cells in one row can refer to cells in another row) as opposed to Expression type formula where the formula is restricted to use values in the same row), then you will have to do additional work if you want to use such formulas in a GridDataBoundGrid. Here is a KB discussing the work you have to do. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=104 Another option might be to just put the data from the datatable in a GridControl. This would simplify the Excel-Like formula use tremendously. Depending upon the size of your datatables, this may not be to costly either. Once you decide on the type you need, getting the information into either a CSV or Xls file should be straight forward. If you will provide more details about your formula requirements, we can try to give more specific advice.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon