We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding items to DataGrid in runtime

I have a system.windows.forms.form with a datagrid in it. in the load method i bind a dataTable into it. and i have a method that in runtime adds some items to the dataTable after an event. i did the following: DataTable dataTable =(DataTable)dataGrid.dataSourse; DataRow dataRow = dataTable.newRow(); dataRow[0] = "some string"; dataRow[1] = "another string"; dataTable.Rows.Add(dataRow); it works, but when there are more than 10 items (the max display without a scrollBar), the scrollBar is added. sometimes it''s stuck, and if not, when adding a new item there are two scrollBars, and other freak things. When adding items "slowly" it doesn''t always do that, it happens when adding 4-5 items one after another. Thanks in advance, Hisham

2 Replies

HI Hisham August 24, 2005 07:10 AM UTC

I got the solution (and i feel very stupid). The dataGrid updates came from different threads, that''s the reason for the problem. I solved it using BeginInvoke. Thanks, Hisham >I have a system.windows.forms.form with a datagrid in it. in the load method i bind a dataTable into it. >and i have a method that in runtime adds some items to the dataTable after an event. i did the following: > >DataTable dataTable =(DataTable)dataGrid.dataSourse; >DataRow dataRow = dataTable.newRow(); >dataRow[0] = "some string"; >dataRow[1] = "another string"; >dataTable.Rows.Add(dataRow); > >it works, but when there are more than 10 items (the max display without a scrollBar), the scrollBar is added. >sometimes it''s stuck, and if not, when adding a new item there are two scrollBars, and other freak things. >When adding items "slowly" it doesn''t always do that, it happens when adding 4-5 items one after another. > > >Thanks in advance, >Hisham >

PE Pet December 6, 2005 03:20 AM UTC

Hi, I am facing similar problme. when i bind the datatable to datagrid i am getting nullreferrence error because of multi threading. How you implement BeginInvoke? can you provide me sample for implementing BeginInvoke in DataTable

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon