We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridCellValueConvert for System.Single

Noticing a small inconsistency that perhaps you can explain why you''ve implemented it the way you have or perhaps fix it. When I enter "1,2" into a textbox cell with a CellValueType of System.Single, the value is considered invalid. If the CellValueType is System.Double, then it is valid. I''ve tracked the reason down the ''GridCellValueConvert.Parse'' method. Almost all of the built-in .NET types are being handled explicitly, but System.Single is definitely not being handled explicity - it falls through to the TypeConverter block of code, which taught me something I did not know before: ''float.Parse("1,2")'' is valid ''TypeDescriptor.GetConverter(typeof(float)).ConvertFrom("1,2")'' is NOT valid While one could certain argue whether 1,2 is a valid float value or not, my main concern that validation in the grid is just not consistent. Could you please explain and/or fix? Thanks, Terry P.S. Using 3.0.1.0

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 03:11 PM UTC

This is an oversight on our side. We will modify GridCellValueConvert to handle System.Single explicitly. This change will be done immediately and probably will make the actual 3.3 release.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon