We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridGroupingControl does not show new record added to datatable

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

33628 Aug 23,2005 09:51 AM Aug 23,2005 02:14 PM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Jianbo Peng
Asked On August 23, 2005 09:51 AM

I am using a GridGroupingControl binding to a dataset. In the dataset, there are three tables A, B, and C. There are three relations as well: AB, BC, and AC. The grid is set to display table A. Initially, all tables are empty. When I add records a, b and c to tables A, B, and C respectively, record a and b show up correctly in the grid (when I expand record a). But record c in table C does not show up when I expand record a or b. If I close the grid and open it again, binding to the same dataset, all three records are displayed correctly. Two screenshots are attached to show my problem. Do I need to call some function after the records are added into the dataset? Thanks in advance, screenshots_594.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 23, 2005 10:22 AM

I tried to see this problem using the 3.3 RC version in this sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_ABC_8d56f87c.zip Can you tell me how to see the problem in this sample? What version are you using? In general, you can try setting grid.Table.TableDirty = true followed by grid.Refresh to redraw things entirely.

Jianbo Peng
Replied On August 23, 2005 01:18 PM

I was not able to reproduce the problem in the example though (the library used is of version 3.0.1.0). I''ll try a bit more and see if I did anything wrong in the original program. Thanks, Clay.

Jianbo Peng
Replied On August 23, 2005 01:46 PM

Clay, I reproduced the error in your example, please see the attached project. When you click the button ''Add to C'', you''ll see it. The thing I changed is that the relation BC has two key columns now. Thanks, GGC_ABC_1956.zip

Jianbo Peng
Replied On August 23, 2005 02:14 PM

Clay, I found the reason. If you update all three tables A, B and C in one function, you have the problem. The work around is to call refresh() function after updating each table. Thanks for the example. It helped.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;