We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multicell columns?

How do I increase the width of a column to span over more than one cell in the GDBG control?

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 11:35 AM UTC

I do not understand your request. Do you want the column header of a column to display over 2 columns under it with the data under it refelcting 2 columns from your datasource? Or do you want every row to have a cell that spans 2 columns? If so, what happens to the values in the hidden column? Do you want them just not displayed? and do you want to insert an unbound column so all the original information in the data source is still visible? Or do you want something else?

AP Atith Pagdi August 23, 2005 11:46 AM UTC

Clay, I''ve brought one of the columns into a new row (multi row record) and this is the only column in the complete row. I want this column to span the entire length of the grid. A | B | c --------------------------- D --------------------------- A | B | C Data | Data | Data --------------------------- D data all throudh - spanning the entire length. ---------------------------- Also, how do I make the text in the cell wrap? Thanks, Atith

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 01:20 PM UTC

Try adding "-" as placeholders. This should make the column span additional cells. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.LayoutColumns("Col1", "Col2", "Col0", ".", "Col3", "-", "-");

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 02:25 PM UTC

What about making the cell text wrap around?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 02:54 PM UTC

For that column, set //if you added GridBoundCoulumns grid.GridBoundColumns["D"].StyleInfo.WrapText = true; //if you have not added GridBoundCoulumns grid.Binder.InternalColumns["D"].StyleInfo.WrapText = true;

AP Atith Pagdi August 24, 2005 05:39 AM UTC

Clay, I was able to make the header columns invisible, but when I click the area where the invisible header cell is, the sort still happens based on that column. How do we disable sorting for particular columns? Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2005 07:34 AM UTC

You can handle either the CellClick event or CellDoubleClick event and set e.Cancel = true if e.RowIndex and e.ColIndex point to your cell.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon