We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Auto fit cols and rows . .

how do you autofit for a virtual grid . . i am trying to use the resize to fit but it doesn''t seem to be working . . maybe a better questions is when in a beginupdate refresh endupdate should it be called . . thks, ak

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 12:43 AM UTC

Try: beginupdate ColWidths.ResizeToFit endupdate refresh

AK Adam K. August 23, 2005 12:57 AM UTC

i did but if a add a new row or coll during that refresh all the cols are resized except the last one that i just added. its almost like i have to call resizetofit again after refresh to get it to work with the virtual grid . . any thoughts . . ak >Try: > >beginupdate >ColWidths.ResizeToFit >endupdate >refresh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 07:04 AM UTC

In a virtual grid, if you change the number of rows/columns in the virtual data source, you must call grid.ResetVolatileData to make the grid aware of your modified row/col counts. So, if you add a row, and call ResizeToFit without first calling ResetVolatileData, the grid will not be aware of the new row.

AK Adam K. August 23, 2005 11:40 AM UTC

calling grid.refresh() is not good enough for new rows and cols . >how do you autofit for a virtual grid . . i am trying to use the resize to fit but it doesn''t seem to be working . . > >maybe a better questions is when in a >beginupdate >refresh >endupdate > >should it be called . . > >thks, >ak

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 01:15 PM UTC

Can you post a sample showing this problem or tell us how to see it one of ours? If you are providing the RowCount and ColCount exclusively through the QueryColCount and QueryRowCount, then calling Refresh (outside of a Begin/EndUpdate) should be all that is required after you have added new rows or columns to your datasource outside the grid.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon